The Van Gogh Experience

    For my birthday my family and I had the incredible experience of going to the Van Gogh experience in Chicago.  I am absolutely obsessed with art and museums so this was a perfect mix. I didn't exactly know what it was. I thought it was just going to be his work in a building, but it was so much better than anything I thought it was going to be. 
    
    We walked through the velvet curtains and I was in awe. The first and biggest room was the entrance. It was tons of projectors and lights that showcased his work on the walls and the floors. It was like you were living in his work. The entire presentation was about an hour and a half. We watched the presentation from beginning to end for about three times. The only reason we left was because we were all starving. But the peace you could feel in the room was astonishing. Everyone was admiring the beautiful work of his paintings and the work of being able to make it come alive. There was nothing more beautiful than sitting on the floor and being in his work, God's work. 

    Not only were they presenting beautiful work, but they played such beautiful kind music that went with the art. It was such a perfect day and I couldn't be more grateful to experience this. I would love to see it again.


Comments