Fun Filled Weekend

    This weekend I went to my dad's house after not seeing them for a month due to my dad and stepmom both dealing with COVID. To start off the weekend Friday all of our family came over for and Early Thanksgiving. My parents always go to Detroit, Michigan for the Lions game Thanksgiving day so we do Thanksgiving early. My stepmom ordered a ton of Chinese food as every traditional Thanksgiving goes. We all devoured the food and moved onto making crazy gingerbread houses. Things quickly escalated when I yelled because I was stuck to a pipe cleaner with superglue. My stepmom quickly grabbed the pipe cleaner before I was stuck permanently which cause her to then become stuck permanently. My dad and I were now down a person on our team while my stepmom was soaking her fingers in warm water and soap. Everyone finished their houses and my stepmom was thankfully unstuck from using acetone. People slowly started to leave after chatting for many hours. 

    Saturday rolls around and I work in the morning only for a few hours and then head home. I change into Christmas themed clothes while we start to decorate for Christmas. We bring out all of the ornaments and set up the tree while watching Beetlejuice. Random I know, but it's a good movie. After we finish with the decorations we all started to get hungry so my dad and I drove to Corky's to pick up food and ended the night watching a movie.

    Sunday, the final day of the weekend and I have to be at my sister's at 11:30 to take pictures of her and her dog, Myles. She is surprising my mom, grandma and a few others with a Christmas card from her and Myles. We head to a park with beautifully colored leaves all over the ground. The pictures turned out perfect and we head to church. It was an amazing and powerful service. So after that ends I head to my boyfriend, Cam's house to go ice skating at the Valpo Ice Rink. Sadly when we get there they were only going to be open for half an hour. We drove back to Cam's house to eat ice cream and watch a movie. Then I headed home after a very busy, but fun weekend.


Comments

Post a Comment